The Arc Recreation Club is a social recreation club for young adults aged 15 & older with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The club provides fun and engaging community outings in the Portland area several times per month. Through its activities, the Recreation Club strives to promote self-confidence, positive relationships, and a sense of belonging among its members. And, oh yeah…we also just have a whole lot of fun!
- Karaoke Night
- Dinner at a local restaurant
- Saturday Market
- Movie Matinee
- And much more!
The club is self-directed; that is, members help pick activities for the group through facilitated brainstorming sessions. Here’s a bit more information:
- Members must be at least 18 years of age, but there is no age limit.
- Any additional costs associated with club outings are the responsibility of the individual (such as movie tickets, admission fees, etc.).
- Members should have the ability to manage their own behavior without instruction from others, and should have the ability to start and continue conversations with other members.
- All activities and outings are staffed by employees of The Arc and community volunteers.
- All activities and outings are staffed by trusted volunteers of The Arc who have a long history with the club and its members. All volunteers have completed extensive criminal history and reference checks.