Provide a positive and friendly public image of The Arc Multnomah Clackamas by accepting donations from the public at The Arc’s donation site or picking up donated used good clothing and household items in Portland and surrounding areas as well as.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Accept donations of clothing and small household items from the public at The Arc’s donation site
- Sort and stack donations in the warehouse according to established criteria
- Assist in loading of truck to transport donations to the Value Village store
- Ability to handle effectively all issues, concerns, and questions from the general public about The Arc’s donation program.
- Provide driver backup for vacations and other times when drivers are not available
- Ability to GPS related software and electronic tablet to complete routes
- Knowledge of metropolitan and surrounding areas.
- Operate large 16 foot step vans.
- Knowledgeable of all road safety and emergency procedures.
- Compile all daily reports as required.
- Ability to load and unload truck using proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to lift and throw up to fifty pounds on an on-going basis. May need to move and unload furniture such as couches, dressers, etc occasionally.
- Attend fundraising functions that require a truck to be available.
- Assist with other duties at the main donation site such as organizing and taking in scrap metal and organizing to the TV/computer recycling program.